How to Enter
Planning Check List
- Read through the entry requirements, judging criteria and previous shortlists.
- Start pulling together the information, results and references for your entry.
- Volunteer for judging by end of January 2020 by emailing [email protected]. Business Leader Members will also receive an invitation via email in December 2019.
- Attend the case study workshop in January for insights and inspiration for writing winning entries.
- Decide which Rising Stars you will nominate – Rising Creative, Rising Agency and Rising Marketing Stars – nominate via awards website before end of the January.
- Nominations for the Champions Category –Inspiring Agency Leader and Inspiring Marketing Leader should be submitted by February 17.
- Make sure you make the awards deadline of 5pm on February 17.
- Look out for the announcements of the shortlists in April 2020.
- Book your tickets for the Star Awards Gala Dinner in Edinburgh at The Corn Exchange on June 18.
Refer to the scoring criteria for each category.
The maximum word count for all entries is 1500.
Entries should relate to work that was planned, developed or evaluated in 2019.
Entries should be from, or entered on behalf of, Scottish based organisations but can relate to activity anywhere in the world.
You do not have to be a member of the Marketing Society to enter.
Each case study can be entered in a maximum of two categories.
Ensure all details on the entry form are completed.
Entries should be submitted in the form of a PDF document.
The PDF should be a maximum of 10MB.
URL links may be included in the field provided on the website. Please do NOT embed them directly within your entry.
A maximum of 2 videos can be included as separate attachments.
Marketing Society Member – £210 + VAT per entry
Marketing Society Member SME (less than 100 employees for client and less than 10 for agency) - £190 + VAT per entry
Association of Marketing Membership Organisation Partners (AMMO) – £230 + VAT per entry.
Non Member – £250 + VAT per entry.
Non Member SME (less than 100 employees for client and less than 10 for agency) – £230 + VAT per entry.
Not for Profit Organisations – £160 + VAT per entry.
There is no cost for the schools, students and individual nominations in the Development and Champions Categories.
First Time Free
If the organisation has never entered the Star Awards, their first entry is free of charge. Please select ‘first time entry’ when submitting your award and it will discount the fee automatically.
The Marketing Society is a not for profit organisation which operates for the benefit of its members. Any surplus made with these awards is reinvested to the benefit of the members in Scotland.
Members also benefit from access to the shortlisted papers which are made available on The Marketing Society website. Join now to benefit from members entry and ticket rates.
Contact [email protected] for details on membership.